A man looking at his mobile phone
A man looking at his mobile phone

If you have any concerns about ongoing or worsening of symptoms or concerned with your relative or friends health, please seek advice from either your GP or the NHS 111 service.

Choosing the service most appropriate to your symptoms means you get the right treatment in the right place.

NHS 111

If you are feeling unwell but it is not life-threatening then you can call NHS 111 and they will advise you on which service is the most appropriate for you.

You can also check your symptoms online via 111.nhs.uk


GP Surgery

Your local family doctor (GP) is the main point of contact for you and your family’s general health care. For opening times visit NHS Choices.


GP Out of Hours Service

When your regular GP surgery is closed, and you are too ill to wait for it to re-open, you can access help and support from the ‘GP Out of Hours’ service. To contact the ‘GP Out of Hours’ service, phone free on 111.


Accidents and Emergencies/999

You should call 999 or come to our Emergency Department only if your condition is life threatening.